- The Michigan Chapter of the North American Lake Management Society (NALMS) is a group of professionals, practitioners, and interested citizens, who care about the preservation and wise management of Michigan lakes. Focusing on inland lakes, McNALMS is an affiliate member of the North American Lake Management Society (NALMS - www.nalms.org), an international society. Through this affiliation, McNALMS is able to draw on the expertise of scientists, engineers, policymakers, and citizens from throughout the world.
- 2. Promotes the sharing of information and experiences on scientific, financial, administrative, legal, and legislative aspects of lake and watershed management.
- 3. Fosters the development of lake restoration and protection programs at local, state, and national levels.
- 4. Promotes wise lake management by enhancing public awareness through education.
- 5. Provides a forum for citizens and managers to share ideas and promote common objectives.
If you share our interest in protecting and restoring Michigan's wonderful lake resources, we invite you to join with us and add your voice to our growing and active effort. Check out the membership page for further information.