Michigan Chapter North American Lake Management Society (McNALMS)
The Michigan Chapter of the North American Lake Management Society (NALMS) is a group of professionals, practitioners, and interested citizens, who care about the preservation and wise management of Michigan lakes. Focusing on inland lakes, McNALMS is an affiliate member of the North American Lake Management Society (NALMS - www.nalms.org), an international society. Through this affiliation, McNALMS is able to draw on the expertise of scientists, engineers, policymakers, and citizens from throughout the world.
McNALMS includes members from state, federal and local agencies as well as professionals working in limnology, biology, fisheries, recreation, and engineering. The Chapter provides a unique opportunity for individuals, groups and lake advocates to come together to achieve shared lake protection and restoration objectives.
1. Encourages cooperation and interaction among lake and watershed professionals, practitioners and managers to address problems impacting Michigan's lakes.
2. Promotes the sharing of information and experiences on scientific, financial, administrative, legal, and legislative aspects of lake and watershed management.
3. Fosters the development of lake restoration and protection programs at local, state, and national levels.
4. Promotes wise lake management by enhancing public awareness through education.
5. Provides a forum for citizens and managers to share ideas and promote common objectives.
Great Inland Lakes
Michigan's freshwater resources are perhaps its greatest treasures. Dotted with thousands of inland lakes, Michigan enjoys a unique resource that is unparalleled. For all of us who live, work and play on these wonderful lake resources, their is a vital role to be played in their protection, management and wise use.
If you share our interest in protecting and restoring Michigan's wonderful lake resources, we invite you to join with us and add your voice to our growing and active effort. Check out the membership page for further information.